Boilermaker jobs falls under a category of workers known generally as structural steel and welding trade workers. Another term, metal fabricator is also used to define such types of jobs. There workers use metal working tools for cutting out the shapes, fix metal segments for making machine parts and other equipment or to make large iron and steel containers. Boilermaker jobs are needed in engineering and manufacturing sectors which includes mining, construction, shipbuilding, and aviation.
Scenario of boilermaker jobs
The large structural steel and welding trades sector employs more than 70,000 workers in Australia. Australian Tax Office data reports that more than 26,000 workers were in employment as welders, and metal fabricators were in employment in more than 47,000 jobs in the year 2014.
Duties of boilermakers
Boilermakers efforts with pressure vessels and containers such as boilers, tanks, and vats. The boilers heat water or other liquids under the high pressure to produce heat and power. Liquids such as oil, chemicals, and volatile compounds are kept and processed in tanks and vats. Working in environments with such types of structures signifies that they must be extremely skilled in working with specific equipment and understanding how to work safely in such risky environments.
The tasks that a boilermaker could expect to perform are given below:
• To use metal working tools and equipment to cut, drill, curve and twist several types of metals and other materials to specifications
• To mark metal for cutting out and shaping by following technical drawings and other specifications
• Constructing products and parts by joining metal parts together using welding and other fusing techniques, and using bolts, rivets, and other fasteners
• To Maintain boilers by frequently inspecting for faults and leaks, cleaning, repairing, replacing and upgrading parts
• To assemble and install boiler systems
Pay of boilermaker jobs
Data reported shows an average annual salary of:
• $63,000 for welders
• Annual average salary of $77,000 for boilermakers/metal fabricators.
Boilermaker jobs are the best job for the people who are experienced as well as for people who want to learn new things. There are several job sites available from where you can get Boilermaker jobs very easily. So, don’t think twice, just get up and apply for it.